Another Escape Volume 7 is available now on loremnotipsum.com. Taking the time for meaningful moments of observation and appreciation can cultivate the inquiring mind of a naturalist, like that of those who have taught us so much about the world around us. Our curious minds enable us to peer into other worlds and open up new possibilities. Curiosity can transform unremarkable events into fulfilling experiences and inspire new ways of seeing; it can draw us off the beaten path and onto great adventures, and simply make life more thrilling. This volume hopes to awaken our inner naturalist by taking us into luscious jungles, home oases, and cabinets of curiosities.
Volume Seven is inspired by both those who find wonder in the minute and the colossal, by those who are awed by tiny organisms, relics of the past, large swathes of forest, and the company of plants. We celebrate nature and its incredible breadth of diversity, and explore how it captures the imaginations of naturalists both past and present. We meet with people whose ambition is to harmoniously live alongside the natural world and empower others to see the value of its assets and share in its adventurous offerings.
Another Escape is an independently published bi-annually magazine. We are inspired by individuals being creatively ambitious and inquisitively investigating what inspires and excites them. We all get those moments in life when we experience, if only for a second, something that utterly inspires us; we want to be a musician, a dancer, a bee keeper, a circus performer. It may be the overwhelming desire to collect new experiences, travel, or learn a new skill or language. We can take away from these energetic individuals fuel for our own motivation, and Another Escape looks to tap and bottle this invigorating subject matter, and subsequently encourage others to actively explore their own aspirations. We are big fans of the printed word (and image), and wanted to create a well designed tactile object that could slot onto your bookcase, sit on the coffee table or be slung into a rucksack.
This volume includes
- Plant hunting and botanical collecting in remote jungles
- A window into a green-fingered blackmarket
- Trekking into the wilds of Borneo’s rainforests and exploring their unique ecosystems
- Learning of one woman’s ambition to help the plight of the orangutan
- Understanding four urbanites relationship with plantlife and how interior green spaces can draw them closer to nature
- The passionate story behind the restoration of the Caledonian forest in the Scottish Highlands
- The efforts of a native community in rural Borneo who are creating a project to preserve nature and celebrate their culture
- The fascinating story of Alfred Russel Wallace and his time in the Malay Archipelago
- The dedication and skill of a professional fossil hunter and restorer
- A discussion on the importance of curiosity
144 inside pages, 200mm x 265mm, 300gsm matte laminate cover, 120gsm inside pages, Printed on Edixion Challenger FSC, Euro Eco-label paper.