Fare Magazine Issue 12 (Copenhagen) is available now on loremnotipsum.com. It’s easy to fall in love with Copenhagen, a picturesque harbourside city that innovates with modern comforts, community living, and creative expression.
From swims at the pier to cosy candlelit afternoons, evenings spent cycling down sleepy historic streets, or rounds of Danish snaps and games at the bodega, Copenhagen always manages to match the mood and the moment.
In this issue we explore how Copenhagen progressed into the city it is today, and its status as one of the most exciting culinary destinations in Europe. From world-class bakeries to Michelin-star restaurants, refined plates of smørrebrød to late-night flæskesteg sandwiches, in this issue we explore both the “cool” and the classic in the Danish capital.
We also journey into the city’s most unique creative spaces, such as the Flora Danica workshop, where a small handful of artisans create some of the world’s most precious porcelain by hand, or the noma test kitchen, where a talented team develops all of the dishes for the renowned restaurant.
Fare magazine is a publication exploring the heart of a city through its food, history, and community. Fare magazine is published bi-annually. Fare introduces its readers to a single city and lets its locals do the talking: taking you down backstreets and through forgotten histories, exploring neighborhoods and local institutions, and doing more than just taste the food on offer. The result is a portrait of city life and culture more thoughtful and nuanced than the dreamy conjurings that typify touristic material. Fare magazine is not a conventional travel guide; it is designed to excite and inspire, but also to educate, and each issue begins with a crash course in the city’s phenomena of place, and ends with a full glossary of local terms and histories referenced within.
- Peek into the unassuming workshop where a handful of gifted artisans continue to create Flora Danica porcelain as its been made for the last 200 years
- Experience the magic of fællesspisning – Danish communal dining – at Absalon, a renovated church turned community centre
- Spend an afternoon on the pier at La Banchina, a Copenhagen spot for all seasons: wine bar, swimming spot, and sauna
- Step inside the noma test kitchen, where recipes and dishes are developed for the pioneering Nordic restaurant
- Hear tales from vognkørselen, the rowdy, alcohol-fuelled graduation parade for local students
Details: Fare Magazine – Issue 12 (Copenhagen)
200 pages, 240 x 170 mm, lithographically printed on Arctic matt and Cyclus Offset stock; perfect bound.