Lost in Amsterdam is out now! To present the city, we have drawn from our network of local insiders, ranging from an award winning chef, Bas Wiegel a renowned designer Jason Denham to Esther Mees, an up and coming designer, artist Amie Dicke and creative couple, Katrin Korfmann and Jens Pfeifer. Get lost in refreshing originality of Amsterdam.
Lost In Magazine (formerly known as 38HOURS magazine) works closely with local bloggers, journalists and photographers from the featured cities. The interviews, in-depth stories and photographic showcase present the city from a locals perspective. The magazine is about the value and worth of the experience. It is about the smell, taste, feel, sound and sight that such experiences conjure up. This guide will serve to hone sensitivities and improve the level of engagement with this emerging city. Joseph Djenandji and Philipp Majcher founded 38HOURS Magazine in 2013 (which became a new name in 2016). Through prior experience building Groupon’s travel channel in Europe, a great passion for travelling and frustration with the lack of innovation in online travel companies led them to build Lost In Magazine. The city guides are curated by locals.
- Binnen Amsterdam: A selection of interesting Amsterdam locations
- Four Eyes Bright: We meet with creative couple Katrin Korfmann & Jens Pfeifer
- Docker’s Delight: Our selection of spots in the Noord
- Denim’s Capital: Interview with Denham founder Jason Denham
- City on Wheels: Amsterdamcyclechic explains the city’s close relationship to cycling
- Obvious Secrets: Interview with artist Amie Dicke
- Through the Eyes of a Flâneur: A photo showcase by Thomas Manneke
- Dynamic Design: Interview with designer Esther Dorhout Mees on Amsterdam Fashion
- East of Eden: Our selection in De Pijp & Oost
- Skin and Bones: Amsterdam’s architectural heritage
- The Essence of Cooking: Interview with chef Bas Wiegel on the Amsterdam Food Scene
- The Dutch Touch: A selection of Amsterdam souvenirs
- Where to Stay: A selection of fine hotels