Primary Paper Magazine Issue 4 (Human) is available now on loremnotipsum.com. Primary Paper is a biannual print magazine. Each issue contributors offer their unique perspective on a single topic that is culturally significant and artistically relevant. The fourth issue of Primary Paper looks deeply at the theme of ‘Human’. What is it that makes us feel human? Feel natural? Feel a part of humankind? Human instincts and behaviours. What is the essence of humanity? People, places, cultures, true connections. How does our community influence us creatively?
After the unforgettable year of 2020, the magazine reflects on the challenges that were faced collectively, as the whole world changed together, celebrating the strengths and vulnerabilities of human resilience in these uncertain times. The desire for this issue was to offer contributors some inspiration, maybe an opportunity to create differently, a chance to revisit old archives or even just provide some sense of community in surreal times.
Primary Paper Magazine is a new photography magazine exploring the origins of art and image. Primary Paper uses photography, writing & art. Through commission and curation, we collaborate with emerging and established artists to delve deep on a single theme per issue. With work exploring both the every day and the unexpected, we embrace diverse perspectives and artistic visions. The contributors-including Jack Davison, Camila Falquez, Ronan Mckenzie and Milan Zrnic-were selected by curators Coquito Cassibba and Jessica McGowan for their strong use of colour in their image making.
- A study of tradition focusing on the harvest festival of Chuseok in South Korea by Andrew Jacobs and stylist Herin Choi.
- A photo series by Mathieu Richer Mamousse that captures the unique cultural rituals of the Kukeri.
- An abstract collaboration between Ana Cuba, Rebecca Scheinberg, Lune Kuipers, Maisie Skidmore, Sharda Fähmel and Macarena Rodriguez Pinto, that references the power of female relationships and how these relationships touch and enrich our lives.
- A portrait series by Felicity Ingram celebrating the female in all its forms.
- An editorial in which Hyun Woo Min uses plastic scraps from the beaches of Taean, South Korea to create a playful display of Beach Warriors.
Details: Primary Paper Magazine – Issue 4 (Human)
260 pages, 9 x 12 inch / 30 x 23 cm, Gloss Cover, Uncoated Interior Pages, Limited Edition of 500 copies