Riposte Magazine Issue 4 is out now! Our ideas section showcase reports on brilliant women from around the world including tailor Sunna Johnson and photographer/artist Petra Collins. In our meetings section we speak to singer Eno Williams, writer Susie Bubble, curator of design at MoMA Paola Antonelli and Lindsey Hilsum, the international editor at Channel 4 News. Within our spotlight insert we have collaborated with the Anonymous Sex Journal to collate a collection of real life stories around desire and fantasy. Features look at the science of scent, some seriously wise women and a collection of badass action heroines of the big screen. Our essays explore big questions such as how we raise boys and we decamp to the House of Lords to explore the definition of power, who holds it and how it is exerted. Photographer Ewen Spencer closes the issue by paying tribute to his icon Elaine Constantine in a touching account of how she has inspired his career.
Riposte magazine is a smart publication for women. Each issue features five ideas, four meetings, three features, two essays and one icon. We profile bold and fascinating women whose achievements speak for themselves. All of the interviews of Riposte Magazine are honest rather than being full of media trained responses as the women we feature candidly discuss their successes & failures, their work, their passions and perspectives. Essays and features cover a broader range of issues than the regular fashion or celebrity focus of women’s magazines–these include art, design, music, business, innovation, politics, food and travel.
- IDEAS: Reports on a selection of inspiring women from around the world.
- MEETINGS: Singer, Eno Williams / Writer, Susie Bubble / Curator, Paola Antonelli / International editor of Channel 4 News, Lindsey Hilsum
- SPOTLIGHT: We partner with the Anonymous Sex Journal to bring a series of illustrated stories on desire and fantasy. Warning: These stories are of a highly sexual and explicit nature
- FEATURES: L.A. Ronayne celebrates stunt-woman Zoë Bell and The Sorority of Cinema Badasses, master perfumers take us through the complex balancing act behind creating the perfect scent and we find out the personal tricks of the trade of some seriously wise women.
- ESSAYS: Charlotte Philby of Motherland looks at what it means to be a boy in 2015 and whether we’re raising them to be the feminists they could be. We decamp to the House of Lords to discuss power: what is it, who holds it and how is it exerted?
- ICON: Photographer Ewen Spencer pays tribute to his icon Elaine Constantine.