System Magazine Issue 12 is out now. The magazine’s biggest issue yet, celebrates the one invaluable thing that Dior Men cover star Kim Jones was taught by his first boss Michael Kopelman: the importance of ‘family’. With photographs by Juergen Teller of Kim’s tribe including Yoon Ahn, Matthew Williams and Stephen Jones at Christian Dior’s childhood home in Normandy.
Also in this issue:
- Telfar Clemens’ family of artists, filmmakers and creative spirits come together in an iconic all-new American story photographed by Roe Ethridge, with creative direction by Babak Radboy.
- The rarely seen archive of legendary 1980s brand BodyMap is photographed by Oliver Hadlee Pearch and styled by Vanessa Reid, while Tim Blanks talks with founders Stevie Stewart and David Holah about why the brand is now more relevant than ever.
- An in-depth conversation with fashion critic Angelo Flaccavento about Italian fashion – past, present and future – accompanied by a 35-page portfolio photographed by Johnny Dufort and styled by Lotta Volkova.
- Behind the scenes with artist-slash-designer Anna Blessmann, whose brand A_Plan_Application focuses on the clothes, ‘and nothing else’.
- Julien Dossena and Marc Ascoli dissect the contemporary spirit of the Paco Rabanne woman, with photographs by Sharna Osborne, styled by Francesca Burns.
- Nicole Wisniak in conversation about bankrolling her magazine Egoïste back in the 1970s with pages of native advertising avant l’heure – advertorials taken to the level of art.
- An intimate look into the backstage life of designer Christopher Kane.
- Alexa Chung answers the ‘Fashion Hysteria Questionnaire’ by filmmaker Loïc Prigent.
- Adish’s Amit Luzon on designing towards peace by bringing together Israeli and Palestinian craftspeople; Johann König on creating an accidental iconic fashion piece in his efforts to keep the European dream alive; and Hung Huang on the true story behind famous actress Fan Bingbing’s mysterious disappearance.
- … PLUS ‘72 hours at André Balazs’ Chateau Marmont’ – a 96-page supplement celebrating America’s original experimental filmmaker and perhaps the world’s last true bohemian, Kenneth Anger. Photographed wearing the Gucci Cruise 2019 collection, in the legendary LA hotel, by Floria Sigismondi.
System Magazine explores with style and substance the dialogues at the heart of the global fashion industry. System Magazine is published biannually and offers exclusive long-format conversations with fashion’s most relevant, most powerful and most opinionated individuals, accompanied by portfolios created by the industry’s most in-demand image-makers. System Magazine is exploring and commenting on fashion’s constantly shifting landscape, System is a platform for deep thoughts and real opinions – shared within the industry and, in turn, influencing the broader world.