Non-profit CEO Iris Lapinski makes the case for an education reform driven, but not conditioned by technology; tech journalist Om Malik chronicles the startup scene, from dot-com bust to the new heydays; Behance founder Scott Belsky explores the future of creativity and business in a mobile world; and Andrew Kim gives us insight into his role as an up-and-coming product designer at Microsoft.
- Amit Gupta. Founder of Photojojo — on combining business and fun, the value of hidden dinosaurs, and how the Internet helped save his life.
- Zach Gage. Artist/Game Developer — on exploring systems through art, the struggles of an indie game developer, and why poker remains a triumph in game design.
- Iris Lapinski. Founder of Apps for Good — on changing the behaviour of teachers, the similarities between coding and pottery classes, and real-world problem-solving for kids.
- Om Malik. Founder of Gigaom — on becoming one of the first tech news blogger, being at the epicentre of the dot-com bust, and the value of short attention spans.
- Scott Belsky. Co-Founder of Behance — on the synergies of creativity and business, recipes for making ideas happen, and transitioning from startup to Adobe.
- Andrew Kim. Product Designer at Microsoft — on overnight fame, the risks of surface-level craftsmanship, and Microsoft’s future design challenges.
- Thoughts — Food for thought by Ivana McConnell and Greg Hoy
- A Day In The Life Of — Anton Herasymenko, Fiona Chan, Jed Schmidt, Karolina Szczur
- Feature — Alex Klein tells the story behind Kano, the next generation of personal computers.
- Startup Briefs — Four startups present their ideas and aspirations for success. Cat Noone from Liberio, Jamie Stuart from onebillion, Hans Jørgen Wiberg from Be My Eyes, Leigh Middleton from Cura TV.
- Agency Profile — A look back at ten years of Brighton-based agency Clearleft, by Andy Budd.
- Rules of Business — Guiding principles for doing business by Stewart Butterfield.
- Founder Story — Leila Janah is adding social impact to outsourcing, with Samasource.
- Gear Guide — by Sebastian Waters
- Creative Process — The various paths to successful creative output. Ally Long, Eric E. Anderson, Jesse Dodds, Laura Kalbag
- Workspace — Zendesk, SoundCloud, Microsoft, NeueHouse.
- and much more