Professor of Game Design, Robin Hunicke, opens up about the highs and lows of making indie games; and mindfulness advocate Rohan Gunatillake gives practical advice for a healthy lifestyle that doesn’t shun technology.
- Lisa Bettany. Photographer, Co-creator Camera+ — on a fall that ended her figure skating career, creating one of the App Store’s biggest success stories, and getting back to her roots in rural Canada.
- Joe Gebbia. Co-founder Airbnb — on designing for trust as a key to the sharing economy, how a set of cereal boxes helped kickstart his company, and his favourite Airbnb review.
- Robin Hunicke. Professor of Game Design, Co-founder of Funomena — on her path to becoming a professor of game design, why playing games can be a life-changing experience, and the realities of running an indie game studio.
- Rohan Gunatillake. Founder of Mindfulness Everywhere — on moving beyond the concept of digital dualism, modernising monastic meditation techniques, and his struggle to keep career and self-worth separated.
- Thoughts — Food for thought by Jocelyn K. Glei and Bryce Roberts
- A Day In The Life Of — Spend a day with Lara Hanlon and Daniel Lim Zhi Yi.
- May I Ask — Jonathan Downey answers our questions about drones and the opportunities they provide for companies.
- Three Words to Anywhere — Event organiser Chris Sheldrick gives everyone and everywhere a memorable address.
- The Crow & The Cave Dweller — To stay small or to grow big? To do the work or to delegate the work? Aaron Mentele weighs up the pros and cons.
- Happy Doing Business — Designer Meg Lewis is tired of hiding her happiness.
- One Question — We asked Ashe Dryden, Iheanyi Ekechukwu, Imriel Morgan and Tracy Chou how we can collectively improve diversity efforts in our industry.
- Gear Guide — Accessories for the modern web worker, by Jan Kovařík.
- Look, No Hands! — Michelle Vandy found a cure for her RSI problems in the viral response to her YouTube videos.
- Rules of Business — Guiding principles for doing business, by Glenn Gillen.
- Workspace — VSCO, Daily Burn, Impact Hub Berlin, Fullscreen, Return Path
- Sweet Surprise — Every month, Hank Rao sends hundreds of kilos of Japanese candy to customers all over America.
- The Attention Economy — The price we pay for ‘free’: how to value our attention, by Tom Chatfield