Space Magazine Issue 2 is available now on loremnotipsum.com. The second issue explores artists’ studios, focussing on the workspaces of our friends and collaborators – the artists who inspire us most. Alister Mackie, the creative director of Another Man magazine, and possibly the most influential menswear stylist of our times, gives us a unique tour of his home and studio in East London. In Stockholm, we meet with the artist Mamma Andersson, known for her almost hypnotic studies of everyday life – mysterious but hauntingly familiar. For this issue, Mamma documented her atelier with a candid and eye-opening series of Polaroid images. We also meet the Norwegian photographer and artist Benjamin Alexander Huseby, who, realising that he needed a change of scene from photographing fashion in London, moved to Kreuzberg in Berlin, joining the Basso collective, a hub for activity and activism.
Space magazine is a new interior and culture biannually that combines frank photography and writing with the universal and sometimes extravagant subject of living. Space magazine creates a new mark for mixing unique interiors and design with great stories. It includes interviews, reportages and portfolios.
Features: Space Magazine – Issue 2
- Take a seat. Photographer Jonas Unger proves that there is more to chairs than just being practical objects — Photography Jonas Unger
- Sprouts. Artist, photographer, garden designer and Renaissance man Benjamin Alexander Huseby gives us a tour of his obsessions — Photography Benjamin Alexander Huseby, Text Frederik Bjerregaard
- Creatures. Ceramist Jessica Hans’s raw and imperfect pottery is like nothing you’ve ever seen — Photography Bohman and Sjöstrand, Styling Max Schiller
- Copenhagen spaces. Architecture-student-turned-photographer Philip Messmann’s take on Copenhagen and its architects — Photography Philip Messmann
- The unexpected space between reality and imagination. He may be one of the most in-demand architects out there, but Jo Nagasaka is keeping it real with “down to earth” designs — Photography Lucy Campri, Text Frederik Bjerregaard
- Not just Another Man. Influential fashion editor Alister Mackie invites Space Magazine into his home — Photography Casper Sejersen, Text Frederik Bjerregaard
- Unremarkable spaces. Artist Mamma Andersson talks painting and life with her friend and art director Greger Ulf Nilson — Portrait Hasse Nielsen, Conversation Greger Ulf Nilson
- Man on the Moon. Modern and contemporary furniture at the Moon HQ in Copenhagen — Photography Kira Bunse, Styling Emelie Johansson
- Naked Ambition. Danish artist Tal R reveals all about his extraordinary series of nude women — Photography Hasse Nielsen, Text Frederik Bjerregaard