Riposte Magazine Issue 11 is out now. Issue 11 launches with an obscene amount of good stuff for you to feast your eyes on. In our interview section you’ll meet… food designer Laila Gohar, legendary musician Calypso Rose, CEO of the Serpentine Galleries Yana Peel, music executive Grace Ladoja, former convicted anarchist Yukiko Ekida. Riposte Magazine Issue 11 comes with a choice of special covers – Calypso Rose by Shaniqwa Jarvis, Stacey-Lee May in mid-spin by Kyle Weeks and Laila Gohar at home by Jeremy Leibman.
Riposte magazine is a smart publication for women. Each issue features five ideas, four meetings, three features, two essays and one icon. We profile bold and fascinating women whose achievements speak for themselves. All of the interviews of Riposte Magazine are honest rather than being full of media trained responses as the women we feature candidly discuss their successes & failures, their work, their passions and perspectives. Essays and features cover a broader range of issues than the regular fashion or celebrity focus of women’s magazines–these include art, design, music, business, innovation, politics, food and travel.
We burn rubber in South Africa with spinner driver Stacy-Lee May in South Africa.
- In Defence of Bad Taste – we examine what is classed as bad taste these days
- Dark Femininity – Ione Gamble calls time on performative positivity and capitalist feminism
- Tainted Love – anonymous tales of modern dating
- The Beauty of Bangladeshi Wedding Rituals – Celebrating the Bangladeshi bia
- Making Your Mark – the iconic and versatile beauty of the white shirt
- All We Can Do Is Laugh – a tribute to satirical cartoons
- Maybe Baby – one writer’s dysfunctional relationship with fertility
- Muslim Girls Fence – a visual essay celebrating the girls of Maslaha
- Hot Steppers – the women of the World Nomad Games
172 pages on gloss and uncoated paper / Perfect Bound