Riposte Magazine Issue 6 is available now on loremnotipsum.com. Featuring a role call of some of the boldest and baddest women around, issue #6 is bursting with interviews that explore the personal, the challenging and the hilarious aspects of life. We speak to one of fashions most disruptive forces Claire Barrow, hang out at the apartment that Gloria Steinem and Barbara Nessim shared in the 1960s. Singer Kilo Kish opens up about life in the music industry and we speak to Amber Arcades about how she balances life as a human rights lawyer, organic farm co-founder and musician.
Riposte magazine is a smart publication for women. Each issue features five ideas, four meetings, three features, two essays and one icon. We profile bold and fascinating women whose achievements speak for themselves. All of the interviews of Riposte Magazine are honest rather than being full of media trained responses as the women we feature candidly discuss their successes & failures, their work, their passions and perspectives. Essays and features cover a broader range of issues than the regular fashion or celebrity focus of women’s magazines–these include art, design, music, business, innovation, politics, food and travel.
Four short stories on underwear by Katherine Heiny
Reports on a selection of ideas from around the world.
Short personal essays on the theme of “Out of Control” by Liv Siddall, James Massiah, Graydon Sheppard and Tennessee Thomas
Fashion designer, Claire Barrow, Singer, Kilo Kish, Activist & artist, Gloria Steinem & Barbara Nessim, Musician & human rights lawyer, Amber Arcades
Anonimo by Floto + Warner
- “Everyday Activism” – We speak to five activists on how we can all make a difference
- “Friends” – The social etiquette minefield of making friends when you’re already supposed to have achieved your #squadgoals.
- “Me & My Mother” – We invite an interesting group of women to ask their mothers questions they’ve never asked before
- “The Oracle That Is Your Pussy” – Why we should all be listening to our pussy’s more
- “Hip-Hop’s Mom” – We remember the original music mogul, Sylvia Robinson
- “Democratise or Die” – How tech is forcing great change in the fashion industry
- “Glory Through Suffering” – Cycling and the art of team work
- “Janette Beckman’s Fly Girls” – Amazing photographs of Salt N Pepa before they were famous
Photographer Giles Duley on his icon, Lee Miller
Details: Riposte Magazine – Issue 6
152 pages on gloss and uncoated paper / 16 page A5 insert on uncoated paper / Perfect Bound