Noble Rot Issue 21 (Liquid Memories) is available now at LOREM (not Ipsum).
The Noble Rot magazine is published quarterly and the home of exciting wine and food writing. Since its launch in February 2013 Noble Rot has seen chefs Fergus Henderson, Valentine Warner and José Pizarro rubbing shoulders with artists like LCD Soundsystem, Lily Allen and David Shrigley, blurring the boundaries between gastronomy and the creative arts. Contributors include cult Scottish author John Niven, eRobert Parker’s Neal Martin, The River Café’s Emily O’Hare, Jamie Goode, Richard Hemming and Skint Records’ Damian Harris. Noble Rot was founded by two friends, Dan Keeling and Mark Andrew, who met through a shared love of wine, design and independent magazines whilst working next door to each other on Kensington High Street. Following a successful Kickstarter campaign which raised £11,600 of funding in Autumn 2013, Noble Rot is continuing to expand at a considerable rate. The magazine is based in London, and published quarterly.
Features: Noble Rot – Issue 21
- We tell the story of how cult domaines Emidio Pepe and Valentini rewrote the reputation of Abruzzese wine
- We meet Hugh Johnson, one of the most popular and erudite wine writers of all time, to discuss working for Château Latour, moving back to London, and what it’s like to drink a 1540 German Steinwein(spoiler – it was nice)
- We delve into hip hop DJ and producer Madlib’s padded wine suitcase and find rare bottles of Le Montrachet and Keller ‘G-Max’which he keeps refreshed with on tour
- Celebrated American novelist Jay McInerney writes about his greatest ever meal, at Ferran Adrià’s El Bulli
- We feature stories about Burgundy, wine bottle art, Roman food and restaurants, fondue, Moscow restaurant Twins Garden’s vegetable wines, as well as reviews, recipes and musings from, Fay Maschler, Simon Hopkinson,Marina O’Loughlin, Alastair Little, Lee Tiernan of Black Axe Mangal, Jon Bonné, Russell Norman, Rachel Roddy, Meredith Erickson, George Reynolds, Zeren Wilson, John Niven, and Jeremy Chan of Ikoyi among much more…