The Gourmand Issue 3 is out now! The Underground Gourmet. Patrick Baglee meets with the formidable designer who changed New York’s culinary landscape forever.
- Milton Glaser: The Underground Gourmet. Patrick Baglee meets with the formidable designer who changed New York’s culinary landscape forever
- Save Our Bacon. Kyle Hugall takes a look at an American porcine trend that is spiralling out of control
- Tradizione, Costruzione. Set designer Gemma Tickle and photographer Aaron Tilley present their homage to classic Italian architectural styles
- Peta O’Brien: Tools of Her Trade. An intimate look at the many tools used by this leading food stylist and organic model maker
- Toasting. Sam Bompas explores the rich and dramatic history of this very social custom – bottoms up!
- John Baldessari: Yours in Food. Natasha Hoare investigates the conceptual art pioneer’s longstanding fascination with food
- and more…
The Gourmand magazine is an award-winning food and culture journal with a broad subject base and an international reach. Bringing together inspirational words, images, and ideas with the universal subject of food, the biannual journal was founded in London in 2011 by David Lane and Marina Tweed. The Gourmand is inspired by the multiple meanings associated with food across continents, and particularly by the exciting cultural shift that has taken place around producing, cooking, and eating over the past few decades. The idea for The Gourmand came out of a dinner conversation amongst friends at David and Marina’s table a few years ago. Since then, the publication has strived to capture the exciting work being done at the crossroads of the culinary and creative industries. The list of contributors has grown to include noted photographers, artists, and writers, all of whom are given free rein to explore their creativity and share unusual, engaging, and unexpected perspectives.