Setting our sights on an end point can be motivating, but it is rarely our destination that shapes us most. Influenced by our experiences and interactions with others, our journeys can redefine our ways of seeing and open us up to different ways of life. Not all journeys require us to venture far; many of our most momentous feats begin with just a simple resolution. In this volume, we are inspired by those who courageously take on new challenges, whether epic or everyday, and we hear stories of personal conquest and growth. We learn that it’s never too late to undertake a new chapter, and that some of life’s most enriching adventures present themselves when they are least expected, often with unforeseen detours along the way.
The paths and journeys we choose are life-changing, and each begins with just a single step.
This volume includes
- Navigating using nature’s cues
- Learning of the methods of great navigators past
- Understanding the many motives of modern pilgrimages
- Migrating birdlife & birding in the Faroe Islands
- The road to positive change begins with a single simple
- Aquatic adventures and unattempted challenges with the Wild Swimming Brothers
- Exchanging city life for life on the road, visiting eco-communities & learning about self-sufficient living
- Hiking misty mountain peaks jutting out from the Atlantic Ocean
- Exploring the culture and landscape of the isolated isles of the Faroe Islands
- Diving into the liminal space that wild swimming encourages
- Using the power of business to tackle ecological concern
- Canoe building in the Lake District
132 inside pages, 200mm x 265mm, 300gsm matte laminate cover, 120gsm inside pages, Printed on Edixion Challenger FSC, Euro Eco-label paper.