Blumenhaus Magazine Issue 2 is available now on loremnotipsum.com. Blumenhaus Magazine explores Botany with a romantic approach through 196 pages of editorials, portfolios, words & illustrations.
Blumenhaus Magazine is a luxurious hybrid of an art book and a magazine founded and designed with care by Camille Gressier & Isabelle Laydier Kristensen. Blumenhaus travels back in time with a philosophical and romantic approach. Written exclusively in English by a group of professional editors & journalists specialized in botany, it focuses as much on the aesthetic side – mixing contemporary visuals and antique archives – as on bringing insight to its readers. Blumenhaus is more than just a book, it will become part of your interior as a complete lifestyle object.
In this volume…
- The rising popularity of herbalism
- The history of flowers paintings by Netherlandish Renaissance artists
- The four seasons
- Flowers and leaves, the Indian way
- The weirdest orchid specimens
We also retrace the influences on botany with portraits of…
- Italian architect, Renzo Mongiardino
- British horticulturist, Gertrude Jekyll Garden designer, Isabel Bannerman
Illustrations that make us wander through…
- The gardens of England
- Hong Kong florists by Pia Riverola
- A Californian diary by Lucie Bascoul
- A top 5 of dreamy destinations painted by Jenny Ronen
And much more…
Fashion editorials by Jesse & Jimmy Marble, Raquel Chicheri, Angela Blumen, Takeuchiss, Melanie Rodriguez as well as exclusive floral compositions and artworks by Rosie Harbottle, Jenn Sanchez, Mike Willcox, Sofia Iva, Emily Isabella…
Details: Blumenhaus Magazine – Issue 1
196 pages, 25 x 34 cm, Made in Paris, printed in Spain on offset quality paper.